Saturday, December 26, 2020

We're finally editing!


 


It took a hot minute, but we're finally here. I saw 'we' like it's not just me working on this project. I recently travelled to see family for the holidays and brought my computer because I knew I was going to be here for my entire winter break. I couldn't edit on the 23rd because that's the day we left and I was too tired and it was too late to edit after we got here. I couldn't edit on the 24th because I was helping set up everything for Christmas like cooking, cleaning, wrapping, and last minute trips to stores. That took up my entire day. I didn't edit on Christmas, yesterday, because I was eating and spending time with family and didn't get around to it. I could have edited at night but after cleaning up, and eating all that food, I was too full and too tired to even think about opening my laptop. 

The next morning, at around 10 a.m I finally woke up. I pulled my laptop out and wanted to get to work. I got as far as putting in the SD card before I remembered I said I would make my scones for brunch. I had to stop what I was doing and make those. Luckily it only took about an hour and a half. I figured I would eat one as I edited. It took me a minute to figure out how to use the editing software again since I haven't used it in about a year. I first tried to download the clips into the software but it would only let me do it one at a time. I didn't have the time for that since I knew I was going to be needed for something else. I split the screen in half and dragged and dropped. It worked!


As soon as I finished that part, my cousin let us know that we were going to the store for after Christmas shopping to see if anything good was on the 'after-Christmas sale'. We found some good gifts for family that we didn't see yesterday. Why do they need to know when their presents were bought? 

After we got back from that, I wrapped up the gifts we got and by that time it was already 3 in the afternoon. We ate a late lunch and I went to see what my aunt was doing across the street. We talked for a little bit before I went to go hang out with my other aunt next door. They all live right next to each other so it makes it easier to visit for the holidays. By the time I was doing checking up on everyone, it was like 5 p.m and that's when I officially started editing. 

I only got through one folder of clips, so I'll have to work on the other two tomorrow. I basically just cut down the times on the really long ones and got rid of the repeated ones. There isn't too much work to do for edits when we first start. Just making sure everything is in order. That's why I like editing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment