Thursday, December 24, 2020

Last Couple of days before I left


 So I didn't edit last weekend. I wanted to but I was so tired from midterm week that I slept almost the entire weekend. The time that I was awake I didn't worry about editing because other things were on my mind. I was stressed about the holidays coming up and having to visit family because I didn't have a choice. I was stressed about school starting again. I was stressed about getting chores done in the time that I had before I went to my friend's again the following week. Since I needed to finish filming, and we were leaving now Wednesday, I wanted to make sure my room wasn't a mess before I left for two weeks. This didn't count reshoots, unfortunately since I didn't do any editing. 


When Sunday night came, I made sure to pack up everything so it would just be a grab and go in the morning. Then I made sure to figure out who would be able to watch my brother while both of his parents were at work. I sorted it out that night and relaxed a bit. I also made sure to deposit my check after work so I would have money in my account when we went out to film and get lunch after.


The next morning I asked my mum if she was going to take me or if I was going to take a Lyft. She said she would take me. I packed my stuff into the car and before I got it, she got into the passenger seat. She was going to let me drive! After I got there, I realised I forgot my camera charger! I texted my mum and asked if she could bring it for me but she said she was already late and that she couldn’t do that. 


I used the few hours of charge that the battery still had and shot my scenes. I ended up having to film when the sun was setting because Ben’s bus was delayed and his bike broke. He didn’t get to Pixie’s until 3 and we didn’t film until 4 because we were slacking off. The ending scene was very rushed and only shot a couple of times because the sun was setting and I didn’t want to risk messing the lighting up too much. 


It wasn’t until Wednesday that I realised I forgot scenes! I’ll have to get those rushed when I get back because I won’t be getting back until late. Monday night I was able to get a ride back to my house to get my charger, so that wasn’t a problem for Tuesday.


I know we don't have any masks on, don't come for me, we all got our fast results that we were all cleared from COVID the night before and made sure not to see anyone before we filmed. When I go back for reshoots, we will have our masks on, unless it's not needed for the scene. 

No comments:

Post a Comment