Tuesday, December 22, 2020

First day blues

 Before my friend arrived for the first day of filming, I made sure to ask the owner of Wilton creamery if it would be okay if we filmed inside of the store. Obviously the outside of the store was for the public and it wouldn't matter, but I wanted to make sure that I could film then, the main actor, ordering his tea, as well as being poisoned. I gave him the days and times that we would be in the store and he gave the okay. This let some relief off of my shoulder as I was worried that he would say no. if you are is later when my friend arrive we went back inside the store to confirm that it was still okay to film, and the owner asked me if I changed the times because he thought it was only Monday and Tuesday, and not a few hours after I asked. I made sure to ask with those added few hours so he must have misheard me. He still gave them okay, and we were good to film. I realized as we started to film, that we would need someone inside of the creamery, to hand him his drink. I politely asked the worker if he wouldn't mind being in the movie and saying a couple lines so it sounded good on screen. He was extremely helpful and agreed to everything as well as worked insanely well on camera. Obviously this meant that we had to give him a tip at the end of his Oscar award-winning acting. 


Here's where everything started going wrong. 


It started when we wanted to start filming outside. After we got the camera set up and then into his character's clothes, we wanted to start with the first tea scene. We got him walking into the creamery and ordering his tea, with no problem. It was when we went to sit down at the table and record the first time he was there, that it got really awkward. Since there were customers going in and out of the store, there was a couple that sat just a table away from us. This meant that I had to angle the camera so they weren't in the shot, as well as all three of us apologizing the entire time they were sitting there. I felt extremely awkward, but what was like going to do? They didn't seem to mind, as they just spoke quieter, and let us know that it was fun. They seemed extremely nice and we're very understanding, I guess they did a lot of school projects around awkward adults when they were younger. Didn't so much as go wrong, as it was awkward. We worked through it and kept the film rolling.


The next thing that halted our production, was the delivery man delivering drinks to the creamery. Obviously we didn't mind this since this was normal things to happen and adult world, and we were just living in it. It did however, stop us from filming for about 30 minutes. Since there was still daylight, we didn't mind too much. It was the slight inconveniences that added up over time.


We eventually got every shot that we needed, or that I can remember. Thinking back on it now, we could have gotten more shots that we needed, but it was getting dark and I needed to go to work. Luckily there are days for reshoots as well as regular shoots, as well as editing. 



No comments:

Post a Comment