Friday, March 20, 2020

Re-shooting (it won't be the only one)

     Last weekend had a chance to film. After a week of not editing, I was excited to get these scenes down. It took very little time to actually shoot because all we needed to do was re-shoot a couple of scenes and record some audio. That weekend, Pixie was staying over, so we were just going to have to wait for Camila. The problem, though, was that Pixie and I stayed up really late the night before so we barely had time to get anything cleaned up. I told Camila to be at my house by 11 because I thought I was going to leave with my dad around 2 and I wanted to make sure we got everything down first. This was before we were informed that we all had to go on lock-down and self isolate because of COVID-19. I told Camila the times earlier that week, when I still had the idea that I was going to leave with my dad. When my dad came down Thursday night, he talked with my mum and we realized that I wasn't going to leave, only because it would be too much work to get me back in a week for school and work. Little did we all know, school was going to be shut down for a month.
     My dad ended up leaving early Saturday morning, which meant I had to spend as much time with him Friday night because it was going to be a long time before I got to see him again. Since Pixie was staying over, she joined us. After we got back from dinner and a long drive, it was already really late. We ended up playing some cards games then going to bed really late at night. Pixie and I didn't wake up the next morning until Camila texted me saying she was on her way. We had to rush to get up and ready for the day, then I had to clean up the spots for shooting. By the time Camila got to my house, I was still pulling stuff out of packed boxes (because I'm moving soon, so most of our stuff is in boxes) trying to recreate what the living room looked like in our previous shots. It took us very little time to actually shoot the scenes.
     We knew exactly what we were doing and we just had to do it a couple times on camera to get it perfect. After less than an hour of shooting, we all got together on the couch to record audio. After we got all of that, Camila left and Pixie and I went back to my room to do absolutely nothing, because, I mean, what else do people possibly do at a sleep over? Camila and I both had a feeling of stress released off of our shoulders when she left because we knew that we had everything we needed and just needed to edit and pull it all together.



No comments:

Post a Comment