Thursday, March 19, 2020

Editing: The week of silence.

     After the weekend of not filming, we had to stop everything else we were doing, A.K.A, editing. I made sure to edit everything I could the week before the filming weekend that got cancelled last minute because I wanted to make sure we knew what we had to fix. So I spent a long week editing at much as I could and got everything ready. That weekend our Camila couldn't make it, again. We couldn't film. I was starting to get frustrated because I knew the due date for the final project was coming up. I was starting to stress out more. Halfway through Saturday she said she could film. I told pixie and we all got ready. Soon after I realized that we didn't check out a camera. My heart sank, how could this get any worse? We were ready for filming but couldn't. How could my group forget something like this?
     We tried to see if we could record during the week but our schedules didn't allow us to. We had to do nothing for a week. Our editing was done for that weekend of filming which meant we had no more scenes to edit to fix up. I felt like a girl who was left with too long to do her make-up. If a girl has too long, then she will keep adding stuff. As my favourite comedian, Iliza Shlesinger, once said, "There is an apex- a pinnacle of beauty that women reach when they're getting ready. Every minute you're [the date] late is another minute we spend doubting ourselves, digging in our makeup and we get incrementally uglier." Having my movie open to edit with no active changes to make to it, I had to forcefully shut the computer down and make myself not make it worse. That went on for a few classes and it was killing me, not being able to edit.
      I didn't get the chance to get Camila doing nothing, but my friends got pictures of me not editing.



https://www.facebook.com/OfficialLaughTherapy/videos/2006653652977908/

No comments:

Post a Comment