Monday, March 9, 2020

Editing: The Aggressive Heart

     When we finally got a chance to start editing, we immediately started with the first scene. Switching over our footage took a minute because we had a million clips of the same scene. When we got to start editing our first scene, Camila and I spent forever laughing at the footage. We kept the camera rolling so we could decide what we wanted to keep or delete. While we were watching the footage, I was cutting parts of it so I remembered to delete it after. Camila said she wanted to edit but she was basically on her phone the whole time until I told her to look at something. Watching the footage caused many laughing fits between us. A few times during shooting, I had to leave the camera on because I had to be in the scene or just because I didn't want to have something happen and I didn't get it. This, in turn, made Camila and I have to sit through many minutes of the same, dumb stuff. We got to see a lot of forced laughter, was made us actually laugh, or still footage of us just sitting there or trying to fix the camera while everything was dead silent which made it even more funny because everyone was so serious.
     One part that we were looking forward to was watching me when I was prepping the letter. We left the camera rolling so we could decide on what parts we wanted to keep. I was trying to act very angry so it could show the hate in the film, and I went a little overboard. During one part, I was writing on the envelope, which was eventually cut out of the final, and I drew on a heart that was very, very aggressive. Like I hated hearts, it was so aggressive. The crew said they were trying so hard not to laugh when the camera was rolling so they wouldn't mess up the footage. I didn't even realize how aggressive it was until I watched the footage after. When the camera was rolling, I put myself into a hating mood, to get the feeling right on camera. I guess I did it a little too well. That scene would be in our bloopers but the camera can't see me drawing the heart on because it was facing my back during that part.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment