Monday, November 9, 2020

Planning; the basics

 




The picture of the outfit is the main characters first outfit. Ben and I decided it would be best for the main character through trying out the best shirts that we both felt represented the main character. Due to safety reasons, I had to lose my original actor and had to get hold of another person willing to be the main character. Which meant the original costume had to change and the script.

While writing out the planning sheet for the basics of the movie, I ended up editing the information that I already had down from previous work. After I finished writing down the information, I had to take a picture and send it to Ben for him to look over. I wanted to make sure that my main character understood what I was trying to write and understood the character they were playing. I made sure to write down as much as I could to keep everyone as safe possible from the current outbreak of the coronavirus. 

I am aware that the locations may have to change if we are not able to get certain scenes, that's why I wrote in pencil. Easy to erase, easy to edit. The schedule will have to work around what Ben and the creamery owner can do since my brother and I are good for any day. 

Dealing with one schedule was easy enough. I wanted to make sure we had days to negotiate so I had to add days to the calendar. Then I had to clear some of those days, or similar ones with the creamery owner, to make sure we could film at certain times on certain days.

I wanted the costumes to actually mean something in this movie, instead of my previous works where the clothes barely mattered. I wanted to give the costumes a chance to speak for themselves, let the viewers know what the person meant to the movie, from their costume. 

No comments:

Post a Comment