Friday, October 16, 2020

Short Film vs. Feature Length Film

     The short film had mystery, which the feature length didn't have, everything was explained. We were left wondering why there were no humans, why some robot was chasing this doll, how the others died, and what the significance of the green glowing device had. 

    The feature film answered all the questions the short film left me wondering about. There were back stories to the dolls, and a scientist who literally poured his soul into these nine dolls that the short film didn't include. 9 seemed more reckless and clueless in the longer one. In the short film, 9 seemed more heroic, if not honourable, fighting for his friends, and letting them free at the end. Although 9 bossed up and took responsibility for what they did. 

    I enjoyed watching the feature film more than the short film because I like wasting my time, which is my genuine answer. I seem to gravitate toward things that make me feel unproductive. Sitting and watching a two hour movie on Netflix is the definition of ✨ unproductive ✨. 

    I enjoyed watching the short film more than the feature film because, like the rest of GenZ, we hate spending too long on anything, we can't focus. I'm surprised we don't all have some form of ADHD, honestly. Being able to speed up the seven minute movie even faster was also a plus. Also, since I watched the feature movie before the short, I already knew what it was about, regardless of no dialogue and the feeling like the short film was basically just an ending of a movie that I missed. 

    Considering both movies, I have to choose the feature film over the short film because it answers my questions and if there's one thing I like more than fast videos, is my questions answered. I hate not knowing things, and the feature film is very thorough.



No comments:

Post a Comment