Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Three Genres

     Genre research is fairly simple. When thinking of a genre that my movie could fit under, I first start by thinking about the movie itself. I can't work with a plot if I have no idea for any scene. Since I have a specific scene in mind, I want to form my genre based on that scene. Obviously the story isn't a happy one, a girl is moving away from her family to live in an unknown place with unknown people in a time period that is fairly new. It is a big and sudden change for anyone. She lives from one big roller coaster loop to another. 

     One genre that I would like to research would be horror. I feel like horror could be a good fit for the short film because in will be something short of a historical horror. We are currently living through a pandemic and there are plenty of students who are going to college, and for the first time. It has to be a scary thing to up and move during a time where everyone is to be avoided. 

     For genre number two, I would like to research drama. Since she did decided to move away from her family during this time, there has to be a reason. Why not take a gap year or take classes online? What made her move a better choice than staying home with her family? Drama is a big part of any family. Not every family is picture perfect and no family is expected to be. For a person to jump head first into a new  , they would have to have spent a long time convincing themselves it was a good idea. Or not and they had very good reason for doing so. 

     The final genre would be adventure. Being by yourself for the first time is a sort of adventure by itself. Learning the area, the people, the way of life by yourself is quite the journey. Now doing so when you have to avoid everyone and everything as much as possible is even more challenging. Dealing with a new chapter in your life that is crazier than you anticipated is makes the time an even bigger adventure.




No comments:

Post a Comment