Wednesday, September 23, 2020

Too Long To Ride The Elevator

 Trying to figure out a pitch in just a few weeks was stressful at first. It became even more stressful as the weeks counted down. A month, three weeks, two days. I felt like I was running out of time to come up with an idea. I didn't stress it too much after the beginning because I knew it would take me no time at all to come up with an idea. Since I'm working alone I wanted to run everything by my friend who isn't in the class, that said yes to being an actor. I wanted to make sure that the ideas I came up with, she would be comfortable acting in. 

When I thought of my first idea, I was in bed trying to sleep. Isn't that where you come up with the best ideas though? When you don't have the time or access to get them down. I actually already had scenes in my head but forgot all of them when I woke up. I decided I would run my ideas by my friend the next day, then forgot. As I was laying in bed the next day I realised that I had to turn in work for Media. I was freaking out but also too tired to move my body. Then I realised I forgot to do other homework too, then I forgot about it. 

My pitches, I knew would include my brother. I didn't want to shoot a video with one person in it. I went to Pixie with some idea involving them, she thought it would be a good idea. I thought, since we live in different houses, it would be a good idea to have her move for some reason. I thought that my brother would die or something, and pixie would be the sister, and be so sad that she left. But after thinking it over, I thought it would be a bad idea. 

I figured, why not make a movie about something that's currently happening? I mean, it happens all the time, does it not? I've watched at LEAST six movies about a world pandemic and scientists trying everything to cure the world. But, what about someone who isn't a crazy protagonist who has a side affair going on? What about the little guys dealing with the problem on their own? I felt that the best little guy wasn't a person who has to work during a pandemic. It isn't those staying home with their kids, for the reason that I don't have enough people to work with that. The best little guy, is who better than an older version of us, the students. Yes, it was simple, and probably overused by the end of the year, but since I'm living it now, why not take my own personal experiences and put them behind a screen? 

My pitch is: a girl has to cope with sudden changes. She decides to move to college during a world crisis. 

No comments:

Post a Comment