Friday, September 18, 2020

How Many Make A Team?

     Having I decide who to work with is a hard thing to do. Obviously I would want someone who would be good. I wouldn't want someone who looked to me for all the work. I also wouldn't want someone who I looked to them for all the work, not that I would. I looked through the list of kids in A level Media and none of the names I read didn't seem like any names that I recognized. I didn't want to work with people that I didn't know in case I didn't like the way they did stuff. I also didn't want to work with anyone during this time of crazy covid. I didn't want to risk getting sick for a project or two. 

     I decided to work alone because in the end, it would be easier. I wouldn't have to worry about someone else holding the equipment. I wouldn't have to worry about someone else getting their half of the work done. It'll be easier for me to get my work done without checking on the other person to see if they got their's done. Having to work with someone and not being able to be around them will make it hard for me. I know that it's been done before, but I don't think I would be able to figure it out well enough. 

     I'm also choosing to work alone because it'll take less time to figure it out what to do. Last year, working with Camila, it took us forever to figure out what to do for the plot. It also took forever to figure out what to do for every scene. Everything had to be ran by us a few times before we came to middle ground and agreed on something. Working alone will be also be easier when we have to plan days for shooting. I'm working with a friend who isn't in AICE, and she had a pretty flexible schedule. It's going to be easier for me to plan a day of filming around one person rather than two or three more. 

     Working alone could be hard this year. I won't have anyone to split to work with. As well as bounce ideas off of. But working alone could also be easy this year. I'm hoping for the latter so I don't stress myself out. The answer to the question is, one. One person can make a team, as long as that person knows what she's doing. I would like to think I know what I'm doing, for the most part. 

No comments:

Post a Comment