Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Final Decision

 Going through my choices, I decided, off the bat, horror wasn't the right move for my project. Now it was between adventure and drama. I tossed both idea's back and forth, it was really hard for me to choose. On one hand, I could make a story about a girl who moves away from her family because of family problems and uses college as the excuse. But, the story could also be spun as a good thing, as someone starting a new chapter and making the good out a bad situation. 

At one point I thought I would try to mix both of the genres but I spent too long trying to figure out how to do that. I also realised I wouldn't have enough time to get both genres in the movie in a good way. 

I ended up making a list of the pros of each genre to figure out what I should do. It ended up coming down to what I thought my actress would feel better acting in. I took in account that my actress is a very happy person. I feel like she would feel better acting in a movie that didn't involve getting angry at someone who she wasn't actually mad at. 

When I made the list, some of the scenes were very similar and the only thing that would be different would be the mood that would be set. 

If the drama was about family, I feel like my pitch would have to be changed around if I did drama because then the story would be more focused on family issues than on the pandemic. 

I finally decided that writing and filming under the adventure genre. It made the most sense at the end. 

If a girl was moving, that already has a sense of adventure, so it also felt right to run with that instead of writing it under a different genre. 



No comments:

Post a Comment