Sunday, November 15, 2020

Planning; The Storyboard

 I ended up changing the script around to not only fit the change of characters, but also for the new ideas I had. I realised that I wouldn't fill the time with a simple scene of chasing, because, let's be honest, that scene wasn't going to late two minutes. I decided to change the scene from Ben being chased, to him walking into a bunch of cafe's as the days pass. As well as him doing online school. I wanted have the person who eventually kills him at the end to be in majority of these shots as it will add to suspense I want to build. I also want to change the genre from adventure to thriller, because it will set the mood I'm trying to convey. 

I decided that there might not be a friend, and instead, there will be a twin brother, played by the same actor. This will add to the thriller because it will change the ending, and instead of being a shut and done case, it could leave the viewers wondering what will happen next. 

I decided to make these changes for two reasons. The first one being that as I was filling out a storyboard template for my movie, I saw that there wouldn't be enough scenes to get to the time that I need. The other reason is that when I started the class, I genuinely had no idea what I was going to do for the movie. I threw together the first idea that I had and ran with it for the time being. Over time, after letting it marinade in my mind juices, I realised that there was a better way to come about with this. 


No comments:

Post a Comment