Thursday, February 20, 2020

Pre-Production Blog: Planning; Finding Actors

   The time it took me to find someone to act as the ex and current boyfriend for our movie took forever. When we were first given the task, I ask around and someone said they would be able to do it as long as it didn't take too long. I knew it wasn't going to because all we had to do was take pictures and film a breakup scene. At max, it would have taken 30 minutes. As the date to film the scene and take the pictures got closer, my friend said they couldn't be in it anymore. This frustrated me. This meant that I had only a few days to find someone new who was willing to take time out of their, I'm sure, very "busy" schedule. Or, in other words, their friend passing this class isn't important to them and they don't care! Wow, I think I need new friends. I eventually ended up finding somebody, my friend Sam. Since we already had one of my friends, Pixie (her nickname) playing the best friend, I simply asked her girlfriend, Sam, if she wanted to play the ex and current boyfriend. This obviously meant that it would have to become a girlfriend. Hey, the show must go on right? Or is that only for theatre performances, I'm not sure.
   
     I figured that they might want to be together, even if just spending a day together to do a favour for a friend, but it was still nice to get them together to hang out.

    The whole process of trying to figure out who would be a good person to ask was very difficult and there were many disagreements between Camila and I. Once I told her that I already got a girl to say yes, we both knew that we were going to have to change 'boyfriend' to 'girlfriend' and our movie would have an LGBT sub genre. But that's fine, we didn't complain because we didn't care! We were just happy to find someone to be in the movie that we had to shoot two days later. I know that Sam is one of the people that go along with most things and are available a lot, so I took it upon myself to let her know that we will be filming more days in February and we will have re-shoots in March. She said it was fine and that was great, but if it turned out that it wasn't okay, I was going to contact her guardian and let her know that we needed Sam for the film and make it seem like it was this huge school project that she just had to be there for. I wouldn't have let them know that it wasn't for a class that Sam was taking, because then I'd be lying. Why lie when you can just stretch the truth and run with the loopholes?

     We managed to get the breakup scene that we needed and the pictures for another scene two days later. It really worked out in my favour, even if it did take a million stressful days to find a person, or, at least that's what it felt like. 



No comments:

Post a Comment