Tuesday, January 5, 2021

Yes, I'm still editing

 


I got back on Friday, but of course I didn't edit. Why would I spend my time being productive? I'd rather sleep until I have to go to work then come back and sleep some more. Obviously I wasn't done with the winter break state of living. It wasn't until today that I opened up my laptop for editing. Since my English teacher was absent, I took advantage of that and slept. I decided I would wake up and edit before I forced myself asleep again. When I woke up around 3, I got on my computer and looked at what I had. It was over 7 minutes of footage from one folder. That wasn't going to work. I got rid of my second folder of work to work on my first folder. Now that I didn't have major distractions like last week, I thought it would be easy.

Good thing my brain finds the simplest things to get distracted by! I thought I was going to have to force myself to start staring at the back of my phone for two hours and completely forget what I was doing! If you cannot tell, that was obviously not my intention, but it ALWAYS happens. I finally pulled myself together and edited the entire folder. Not only did I get less than half the footage down to under five minute, I also got it in the right place, generally.

I still have two folders to fit into this small amount of space. I also still have to edit cuts and words and everything. In fact, I still have to check up on the progress my friend is making with the song they said they would make for me! 

Good thing I saved it all until the very last few days before the due date! I've always thought I work best under pressure. For someone who is used to being in school and having constant reminders, it was true! Now that my bed is a few inches away and I can join class on my phone, it's not as true. 

At least I have one scene done and put together. Unfortunately, it's not supposed to be a very big scene. It takes up close to two minutes of the 5 minute movie. That's a fourth of the entire movie! That only gives me about 2-ish minutes to fit in the middle of it since the beginning and end is about a minute combined. Well, I hope it's a minute, since my beginning is in another folder. 

No comments:

Post a Comment