Friday, November 22, 2019

Filming Blog before the filming

     We got our project and immediately started talking about what we were going to do. We figured out our song and texted our friends, asking them if they wanted to be in a music video. We didn't get replies right away but we kept talking about when we were going to film. After we got a few replies I added my friends to a group chat to get the information to them. After I shared some of the information that Camila and I made, I had almost everyone quit. It became very frustrating for me because we only had a few weeks to film and we needed actors. I asked Camila to ask her friends and we both had the realization that we could ask our friends from lacrosse. When school ended, we went to lacrosse tryouts and started asking around. I didn't get very many people to reply or even continue replying but I did get someone to keep talking with me. When tryouts ended, I got her information and added her to the group chat.

     That night, I got in touch with Camila and asked her to add me to the group chat that she made with her friends. Before she added me, I asked my friends if they still wanted to be in the video. When they said yes and I got into Camila's group chat, I added my friends. The second I got into the group chat people started saying how they couldn't make it anymore and how they wouldn't be able to be in the video. That got me mad because they originally said yes and it seemed like they just made plans to get out of it. After Camila and I told them what we wanted from them, even more said they couldn't make it. I then I had to post on my Instagram story asking anyone and everyone to reply to me about wanting to be in this video. I didn't get anybody to reply. Camila and I realized that we needed a main singer for our video so I let her ask her friends that she knew were goin to be there. After she got someone, I started talking to our new main singer to make sure she knew what she was getting into. She then started making excuses and started saying that she couldn't be in it. That made Camila and I have to discuss the dates and times we wanted to shoot because we kept losing people.

     We originally wanted to shoot this Friday, Saturday and Sunday, but we found out that some of our actors were leaving overnight so we decided to film on Sunday. I found out that I couldn't film on Sunday because I had to watch my brother. Camila and I had to push our dates to Thanksgiving break which stressed us out because we wanted more time to edit. We decided to shoot on Tuesday and Wednesday of Thanksgiving break to get it out of the way. I then found out that I wouldn't be able to shoot on Wednesday so we had to change our dates again. We changed the dates AGAIN to Tuesday and Friday and told our actors that those dates were set in stone and that they were going to have to work around it. Later in the day we found out lacrosse practice was canceled due to no activity buses being available next week. This gave us the idea to shoot on Monday so we would have more time.

     We told our group that we were going to shoot on Monday as well which would give us a safe window to get our park scenes in before it got too dark. We had some resistance but told them that it was very important that we shoot then. After school, I was walking with one of my friends and asked her if she would want to be in the video as well. She agreed and asked me for thr information. After hearing the information, she still stayed in and agreed to be in our video. I'm considering replacing our old main singer with her because I know for a fact that she will be there for us.

No comments:

Post a Comment