Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Filming, for real this time

     We filmed the day before thanksgiving break. This was really frustrating because I had to wait the entire week to see the footage. When we got back to school I had to wait another day because we didn't have class which made it even more frustrating because that meant we only had teo days to edit. On the day of editing, we only had three people for the video and it was going to be very hard to record.  When we get to our destination, the park, I was very frustrated and ready to give up and take a 0 in the grade book when one of my friends came to the rescue. We got to the benches and my friend was sitting there on her laptop. I asked her if she wouldn't mind being in it and she said yes. Then I forced her to be the singer for it. Since she was my friend she wasn't going to say no.
     Before we started shooting we had to set up everything which took awhile. Right before we started shoot another friend came and my stress was eased before we had another person. We let him in on the information and what we were doing and he was good. It took us awhile to shoot our first scene because Sarah, the singer barely knew the lyrics. After we taught her the lyrics and told her what she was going to do, we did a practice shot. She was really bad so we had to take three more shots. We finally got one that we liked and went into the next scene. For the next scene we had to take a few shots because they were a little unclear on when to throw the paper balls. It was taken in less shots but it worked out. I felt like I was being really rude the whole time but I didn't care because I needed the shots.
     Everyone was very hard to work with because they kept laughing and making jokes. We told them that we would give them service hours if they took it more seriously and they did. We had to change our storyboard around a lot because we didn't have the car and we couldnt make the beach scenes. We shot everything at the park in two hours. In the beginning, before we shot we spent a lot of time stressing over how we were going to shoot and some people even came up with the idea of shooting with barbie dolls. It took me 30 minutes to convince them that barbies would not work. After our first shot, we had someone leave and I started stressing about it. I quickly learned that it wouldn't matter because she was barely in the first shot. Without the sparklers, beach, or car, it was really difficult to shoot and I even considered taking over as the lead roll. We figured out that we couldn't do that because Camila, my partner, wouldn't be able to shoot as good as I could, said by a friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment