Thursday, November 7, 2019

Editing Part II

     When my group and I walked into class, I went onto computer 24, the computer that we originally had our work on. I logged on and the teacher told us that the computers still don't work. We were then told that we will we using laptops with Pinnacle Studios instead. I went to sit with my group and our teacher told us that we will be splitting the working laptops with have of the class. The other side of the class was going to get the laptops so we had to wait. Our side of the class was told to just wait until we got the laptops. We all agreed and started chatting, or opened our phones. Our teacher ended up letting everyone have a computer. So we were given a working computer to edit on. We logged on and had to put our shots onto this laptop. We then opened pinnacle studios, which took forever to boot up and imported our clips into it.
     We had a problem getting a promotional movie deleted off of it so we had to call over our teacher. After he deleted it, we got to work. We started with the end of the video because it was the easiest to edit, we knew what we wanted to edit. After we edited the ending, Kyndell took over and started editing the beginning of our commercial. Camila and I had no idea what she was doing, but we let her do it anyway. Camila and I started talking about how we were hoping our commercial would turn out okay. While we were talking I was watching Kyndell work. I didn't know what she was doing and we've never done a project together before so I was skeptical of what she was doing. I watched her drag clips away and cut scenes.
     While I was talking to Camila, I remembered a video that I saw on the teachers desk that a student or group already turned in. I remembered how nice it was and started doubting our commerical. Granted, they were different products, but it was edited very nicely. I turned to the laptop to see what Kyndell was doing and I told her that I wanted to watch the edited clips. She played them and it was amazing! I never thought about editing the clips together the way she did. She must have had a plan to get that from the start. I wasn't able to show up for the last day of editing, but I know my team will do good. I trust them to continue to edit and make it perfect. The only thing we needed to do was to clean it up and add music.

No comments:

Post a Comment